<p>Women of React is an online conference where women take the (virtual) stage, but everyone is welcome to attend and participate! Watch the stream live, ask your questions on our moderated Discord, forge new and meaningful connections, learn a little, laugh a little. Put together by and for women working with React, this event is small, from the heart, and very much a labor of love meant to bring people together.</p>
PST EST BST Socializing 09:30 12:30 17:30 Welcome Talk with Rachel Nabors 9:45 12:45 17:45 Yuraima TL;DR Accessible Components : tips for building out accessible components 10:00 13:00 18:00 Neha Sharma on Design Systems 10:35 13:35 18:35 Taley'a Mirza Level up your Design System with styled-system 11:10 14:10 19:10 Longer snack break plus yoga with Luna Wei! 11:45 14:45 19:45 Fireside Chat with Rachel Nabors, Sara Vieira, Jenn Creighton, Cassidy Williams, Pariss Athena, Shruti Kapoor 12:30 15:30 20:30 Maggie Appleton Drawing the Invisible: How to Explain React through Visual Metaphors 13:05 16:05 21:05 Anushree Subramani on React Dev Tools 13:40 16:40 21:40 Break 14:15 17:15 22:15 Lightning Talks by Carolyn Stransky, Olena Sovyn, Jen Luker 14:30 17:30 22:30 Eve Porcello React Finding the Fun: Using TDD with React 15:00 18:00 23:00 Adrianna Valdivi on preparing for React tech interviews 15:35 18:35 23:35 Q & A with Sophie Alpert, Flarnie Marchan, Luna Ruan, Shubhie Panicker, Nicole Sullivan, Rachel Nabors 16:10 19:10 00:10 Goodbye, we love you! 17:00 20:00 01:00
Cassidy WilliamsMaster of Ceremonies
Yuraima EstevezTL;DR Accessible Components
Neha SharmaDesign Systems
Taley'a MirzaLevel up your Design System with styled-system
Maggie AppletonDrawing the Invisible
Anushree SubramaniReact Dev Tools
Eve PorcelloFinding the Fun: Using TDD with React
Adrianna ValdiviPreparing for React tech interviews
Carolyn StranskyThe Most Important UI: You
Olena SovynTesting, tEstIng, TeStInG
- Why are you doing this?
- Because we want to bring women who work with React together.
- Who can attend?
- Anyone can attend—so long as they adhere to our Code of Conduct.
- What does it cost?
- Nothing! It's free!
- Will it be captioned?
- Yes! We will have live captioning!
- Can I sponsor this event?
- Nope! We took care of all our basic costs ourselves! This event is entirely free and from the heart <3
- Will there be moderation?
- Yes! We have a zero-troll policy and the mods to enforce it. (We always need more mods! Contact us to volunteer!)
- Will I need to be on video?
- No! Using your camera is not necessary for participating!